Cabinet crown molding is an attractive and cost effective way to add elegance to your cabinets. Crown molding is a decorative trim that is applied to the top of cabinets to give them a finished, professional look. It is an inexpensive way to update the look of your cabinets without the cost and hassle of replacing them. Crown molding can be found in a variety of styles, colors, and materials to match any style of décor.
Advantages of Cabinet Crown Molding
- Adds a decorative touch to cabinets.
- Provides a finished, professional look.
- Inexpensive way to update the look of your cabinets.
- Can be found in a variety of styles, colors, and materials to match any style of décor.
- Can be easily installed with basic tools.
Types of Cabinet Crown Molding
There are many different types of cabinet crown molding available. Some of the most popular types are:
- Wood Molding – Wood molding is the most traditional type of cabinet crown molding. It can be found in a variety of woods such as oak, cherry, maple, and pine. Wood molding is usually stained or painted to match the cabinets.
- Plastic Molding – Plastic molding is a more affordable option and can be found in a variety of colors and finishes. It is easy to install and maintain.
- Faux Wood Molding – Faux wood molding is made of a composite material and is designed to look like real wood. It is an economical option and can be found in a variety of colors and finishes.
Installing Cabinet Crown Molding
Installing cabinet crown molding is a relatively simple process. It is best to have a helper to assist you in the installation process. Here are the basic steps for installing cabinet crown molding:
Step 1: Measure and Cut
- Measure the cabinet and determine the size of the molding you will need.
- Cut the molding to the correct size.
Step 2: Attach the Molding
- Attach the molding to the cabinet using a brad nailer or construction adhesive.
- Be sure to leave a gap between the molding and the cabinet to allow for expansion and contraction.
Step 3: Finish the Installation
- Fill any gaps between the molding and the cabinet with caulk.
- Paint or stain the molding to match the cabinet.
- Enjoy your new cabinet crown molding!
Cabinet crown molding is an attractive and cost effective way to add elegance to your cabinets. It is an inexpensive way to update the look of your cabinets without the cost and hassle of replacing them. With a few basic tools and supplies, you can easily install cabinet crown molding yourself. So, add a touch of elegance to your cabinets today with cabinet crown molding!