Over-the-Range Microwave: Space-saving
An over-the-range microwave is a great way to save valuable countertop and cabinet space. It can be installed above the range or cooktop, freeing up counter space. Not only does it offer convenience, but it also adds a modern look to any kitchen.
Benefits of an Over-the-Range Microwave
An over-the-range microwave offers a number of benefits, including:
- It saves counter space by freeing up space that would otherwise be occupied by a countertop microwave.
- It provides an easy way to cook and reheat food without having to use a stove or oven.
- It adds a modern look to any kitchen.
- It can be used as an additional cooking surface.
- It is easier to clean than a countertop microwave.
Features to Look for in an Over-the-Range Microwave
When shopping for an over-the-range microwave, there are several features to consider, including:
- Size – Make sure you measure the area where you plan to install the microwave to make sure it will fit. Most over-the-range microwaves range in size from 30 to 36 inches.
- Venting – Look for a model with multiple fan speeds and an adjustable vent for optimal ventilation.
- Power – Look for a model with at least 1,000 watts of power for fast, even cooking.
- Convenience Features – Look for a model with features such as a sensor cook option, a timer, and a defrost option.
Installation of an Over-the-Range Microwave
Installing an over-the-range microwave is a relatively simple process that can be done in a few hours. Here are the steps:
- Remove the existing range hood.
- Mount the microwave to the wall or cabinet above the range.
- Connect the power cord to the outlet.
- Attach the vent duct to the back of the microwave.
- Test the microwave to make sure it is working properly.
Tips for Installing an Over-the-Range Microwave
- Make sure you have the proper tools and materials for the job.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
- Have a helper to assist you when lifting the microwave.
- Be sure to wear safety glasses and gloves to protect yourself.
An over-the-range microwave is a great way to save valuable countertop and cabinet space. It offers convenience, adds a modern look to any kitchen, and can be used as an additional cooking surface. When shopping for an over-the-range microwave, be sure to look for features such as size, venting, power, and convenience features. Installation of an over-the-range microwave is a relatively simple process that can be done in a few hours with the proper tools and materials.