Wallpaper Steamer – Effective & Handy
If you’re looking for an effective and handy way to remove wallpaper, then a wallpaper steamer might be the perfect solution. It’s a great tool for removing wallpaper quickly and easily, without the mess and hassle of other methods.
What is a Wallpaper Steamer?
A wallpaper steamer is a device that uses steam to remove wallpaper from walls. It consists of a base unit that holds a boiler filled with water. When the boiler is heated, it produces steam which is then directed onto the wallpaper, loosening the adhesive and allowing it to be peeled away.
Benefits of Using a Wallpaper Steamer
- It is fast and effective, removing wallpaper in a fraction of the time it would take to do it manually.
- It is much less messy than other methods, as the steam helps to keep the walls clean.
- It is easy to use, even for beginners.
- It is a relatively inexpensive way to remove wallpaper.
How to Use a Wallpaper Steamer
Using a wallpaper steamer is fairly straightforward. Here are the steps to follow:
- Fill the boiler with water and turn on the steamer.
- Hold the steamer a few inches away from the wallpaper and direct the steam onto the surface.
- Allow the steam to penetrate the wallpaper for a few minutes.
- Once the wallpaper is soft and pliable, use a putty knife to gently peel it away from the wall.
- Continue steaming and peeling until all of the wallpaper has been removed.
When using a wallpaper steamer, it is important to take safety precautions. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Always wear safety glasses and gloves when using the steamer.
- Never direct the steam onto any electrical outlets or wiring.
- Never point the steamer at yourself or anyone else.
- Allow the steamer to cool down before attempting to refill the boiler.
With a wallpaper steamer, you can easily and quickly remove wallpaper without the mess and hassle of other methods. It’s an effective and handy tool that can save you time and money.